Aspire HSE Classes
Great Oaks HSE (High School Equivalency)
Great Oaks’ Aspire programs provide FREE services for individuals who need assistance acquiring the skills to be successful in post-secondary education and training, and employment. The program offers classes at several Great Oaks’ locations, and on different days and times to meet diverse needs.
- Basic math, reading and writing skills
- Adult Secondary Education/HSE preparation
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Transition services – including employment and post-secondary
- Life skills, employability skills and computer literacy
- Corrections Education – a partnership with a jail, detention center, community-based rehabilitation center or other similar institution
All students are required to attend a two-day registration and placement, where an assessment is given to help determine the individual’s educational needs and goals.
In order to enroll in the Aspire HSE program, participant must be at least 19 years old. Students ages 16-18 may be permitted into the Aspire HSE program if they meet Aspire/Ohio Board of Regents requirements, including providing documentation of official withdrawal from school (official school letterhead signed by superintendent or designee). Documentation of official withdrawal or a copy of the diploma must be verified prior to enrollment and must be kept on file with other required student records. Student age 16 and 17 must also obtain a parent or guardian's signature on the Release of Information Form before attending.
Call 612.5806 for more information.
Please open the links below for upcoming registration/placements dates and class schedules.