- Program Length
667 hours, 17 weeks
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Program Dates
Start Date: April 2, 2018
End Date: August 7, 2018
Start Date: August 13, 2018
End Date: December 12, 2018
- Program Campus Location
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
Public Safety Services
200 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
(Formerly 3254 East Kemper Road)
- Tuition Information
Direct Cost: The cost of the program
Total*: $7,238 (Subject to change) + uniforms, approximately $300
NEW!! A tuition grant of up to $5,000 is available for this program to those who qualify! Click here for details.
- Other Costs
Indirect Costs: These are not costs to attend Great Oaks, but an estimate of living expenses you may have while attending school. They are shown for federal financial aid purposes, and include child care, housing, transportations, etc.
Dependent Student: $3260
Independent Student: $5532
- Related Information
Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education
Gain Skills in Firefighting and Emergency Medical Rescue
Now enrolling for 2018-2019!
If you want to help people, can keep calm in intense situations, and are ready for a challenge, join the Firefighting/Emergency Medical Rescue Academy. You can earn both an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B) certification, a professional fire fighter certification, plus train in the same settings and situations as local fire fighters.
The Great Oaks Fire Academy offers 667 hours of EMS, fire, fire pumper, hazardous materials incidents, and technical rescue from our nationally and internationally recognized faculty. All graduates of this accredited program receive Pro Board certifications and are eligible to take examinations for Ohio FF, Ohio EMT, and National Registry of EMT credentials.
For job outlook and wages for Fire & Emergency Medical Rescue Academy visit www.onetonline.org.
Fire & Emergency Medical Rescue Academy Information Sessions (for the 2018 April academy):
Click here to RSVP
Monday, December 4, 2017 3:00 pm, Public Safety Services Location.
College Credit Options:
- Earn college credit; details at https://transfercredit.ohio.gov.
- Attend an information session.
- High school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency)
- Achieve a WorkKeys® assessment of 4 or higher in Applied Math and Locating Information and a 5 in Reading for Information skills.
- Have a physical performed by a physician, certified nurse practitioner, or physician assistant that states you can perform strenuous physical activity.
- Pass background investigation.
- Attend mandatory orientation, Saturday March 10, 2018 at 8:00 am (for the 2018 April academy), Public Safety Services location. (2018 March academy orientation date to be determined.)
Ready to Enroll?
- Attend an information session at Scarlet Oaks (a requirement for Full-Time Programs). You will receive information about enrollment, take a tour, discuss the required placement test, and receive general financial aid information. Click here for dates and to register.
- For WorkKeys® test information, visit the ACT® website.
- Register for ACT’s free WorkKeys online test prep materials.
- For free WorkKeys practice tests visit the OhioMeansJobs® website.
- For financial aid information click here.
- Call Public Safety Services 513.771.1142.
Contact Marty Lopinto, Career Planning Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.612.5790.
Contact Jim Whitworth, Fire and Safety Services Supervisor email@example.com or 513.612.5710.