- Program Length
300 hours, 7.5 weeks
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Program Dates
Start Date: April 3, 2017
End Date: May 18, 2017
- Program Campus Location
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
Public Safety Services
200 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
(Formerly 3254 East Kemper Road)
- Tuition Information
Tuition: $3,075 – Includes books, fees, materials, FF protective gear, state test (One attempt)
Other Costs: Uniforms – Estimated cost $300.00
- Related Information
Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education
For current class listings click here.
To register call 513.771.1142.
Develop Entry Level Skills to Gain a Career in the Public or Private Sector as a Fire Fighter with this Short-Term (State License) Certification Program.
The Fire Fighter II program (FF I & II) teaches students fire ground safety, basic building construction, search and rescue, horizontal/vertical ventilation, suppression of class A-D fires, ground and aerial ladders, incident management, salvage and overhaul, forcible entry, self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), and hazardous material operations. Graduates are eligible to take the Ohio Department of Public Safety Division of Emergency Medical Service FF I & II certification/licensing examination.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Achieve an ACT® WorkKeys® assessment level of (4) or higher on Applied Mathematics and Locating Information, and a 5 or higher on Reading for Information.
- Background check BCI&I and FBI (May take up to 6 weeks for results)
- Medical physical examination (Great Oaks form)
Ready to Enroll?
- To register for the WorkKeys test call 513.771.1142.
- To enroll in the program, call 513.771.1142.
- For current class listings click here and search “Firefighter II”.
- Call Public Safety Services on the Scarlet Oaks Campus 513.771.1142.
- Contact Jim Whitworth, Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org, Johnny Mason, Coordinator email@example.com or Angela R. Young, Secretary youngAR@greatoaks.com