- Program Length
900 hours, 45 weeks
Monday-Thursday, 4:30 pm to 10:30 pm
- Program Dates
Start Date: August 15, 2018
End Date: June 26, 2019
- Program Campus Location
Diamond Oaks Career Campus
6375 Harrison Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45247Live Oaks Career Campus
5956 Buckwheat Rd
Milford, Ohio 45150
- Tuition Information
Direct Cost: The cost of the program
Total*: $10,800 (Subject to change)
NEW!! A tuition grant of up to $5,000 is available for this program to those who qualify! Click here for details.
- Other Costs
Indirect Costs: These are not costs to attend Great Oaks, but an estimate of living expenses you may have while attending school. They are shown for federal financial aid purposes, and include child care, housing, transportations, etc.Dependent Student: $8,069
Independent Student: $14,052
- Related Information
Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education
Gain Skills in Troubleshooting and Repairing HVAC Equipment
Maybe you can’t control the weather, but you can make sure that homes, stores, and offices are kept at the correct temperature, regardless of the weather. Learn how to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair a wide range of systems. We will help prepare you for an in-demand career in the residential and commercial HVAC field.
Learn to service and install gas, oil, and electric furnaces; boilers; air conditioners; and heat pumps. Prepare for industry-required certification and employment. Students are eligible to earn NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research), ICE (Industry Competency Exams) and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) certifications. Accredited by COE (the Council on Occupational Education) and PAHRA (Partnership for Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Accreditation).
*The Industry Competency Exams, formerly the ARI/GAMA Industry Competency Exams, are administered by NATE. The exams measure industry-agreed standards of basic competency for entry-level (one year or less) technicians.
For job outlook and wages for Heating/Ventilating & Air Conditioning visit http://www.onetonline.org/.
College Credit Options:
- Approved for CTAG/CTAN match college credits, up to 23 semester hours at most Ohio schools. These credits are accepted at any Ohio public institution that offers a Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning major. Private schools may accept on a case by case basis, but are not legislatively required to.
- Earn college credit; details at https://transfercredit.ohio.gov.
- Attend an information session
- High school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency)
- Achieve a WorkKeys® assessment level of (4) or higher in all three sections: Applied Math, Workplace Documents and Graphic Literacy.
Ready to Enroll?
- Attend an information session at Scarlet Oaks (a requirement for full-time programs). You will receive information about enrollment, take a tour, discuss the required placement test, and receive general financial aid information. Click here for dates and to register.
- For WorkKeys test information, visit the ACT® website.
- Register for ACT’s free WorkKeys online test prep materials.
- For free WorkKeys practice tests visit the OhioMeansJobs® website.
- For financial aid information click here.
- Call hotline 513.771.8881.
- Contact Marty Lopinto, Career Planning Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.612.5790.
- Contact Adam Schussel, Diamond Oaks Instructor email@example.com or 513.612.4939.
- Contact Jim Hesselbrock, Live Oaks Instructor firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.612.7089.