- Program Length
- STNA: 2 weeksPCA: 1 week5 WK PLUS Program STNA/PCA: 5 weeks
- Program Dates
See schedule under Days/Times.
- Program Campus Location
- Health Professions Academy at OhioMeansJobs(All registrations must be completed here.)
1916 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45214
Fax: 513.961.2327Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
303 Scarlet Oaks DriveCincinnati, Ohio 45241 (Entry 3)
(Formerly 3254 East Kemper Road)
- Tuition Information
Tuition: Includes books, materials, and testing feesState Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA): $825Patient Care Assistant (PCA): $375
5 WK PLUS Program (STNA/PCA): Receive both certifications plus employ-ability skills and soft skills-$2300.
- Other Costs
Background check, TB tests, physical, WorkKeys assessment, scrubs, shoes, and a watch with a second hand
- Related Information
Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education
For course descriptions and registration information, contact the Health Professions Academy at 513.961.4220.
All registrations must take place at Health Professions Academy at OhioMeansJobs at least one week prior to the start of class.
Health Careers Collaborative of Greater Cincinnati is a partnership of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, Dress for Success, Gateway Community and Technical College, Great Oaks Health Professions Academy, Mercy Health, Mercy Neighborhood Ministries, OhioMeansJobs, TriHealth, and UC Health working together providing services for the unemployed and underemployed entering health careers.
Join the Ever-Growing Health Care Field with these Short-Term Certification Programs
Prepare for employment in hospitals or long-term care facilities through the Health Professions Academy.
Begin with State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) training to learn the basics of personal patient care under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to take the STNA state test.
After completing STNA training, continue with Patient Care Assistant (PCA) training where students learn how to provide acute medical and surgical care under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
Or, combine employability skills and soft skills with both the STNA and PCA certifications in the
5 WK PLUS Program State Tested Nursing Assistant/Patient Care Assistant (STNA/PCA).
- For the 2 week STNA training – BCI & I and FBI background checks; WorkKeys® assessment; physical examination, which includes a two-step PPD; flu vaccine (fall/winter classes); social security card; and a high school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency).
- For the 1 week PCA training – Same requirements as the 2 week STNA training, plus successful completion of State of Ohio Nursing Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program with name listed on Nurse Aide Registry.
- For the 5 WK PLUS Program STNA/PCA – Same requirements as the 2 week STNA training, plus attend an information session at the Health Professions Academy to learn about additional requirements.
Ready to Enroll?
- Attend an information session. To register call 513.961.4220, offered most Tuesdays at
- Print off an admission packet (see related information) or visit the Health Professions Academy at OhioMeansJobs®, 1916 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio 45214.
- All registrations must take place at Health Professions Academy at OhioMeansJobs, 1916 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio 45214.
- For WorkKeys® test information, visit the ACT® website.
- Register for ACT’s free WorkKeys online test prep materials.
- For free WorkKeys practice tests visit the OhioMeansJobs website.
- Contact Health Professions Academy at OhioMeansJobs 513.961.4220
Health Professions Academy is a United Way Agency Partner