- Program Length
900 hours, 45 weeks
Monday-Thursday, 4:30 pm to 10:30 pm
- Program Dates
Start Date: August 14, 2017
End Date: June 21, 2018
- Program Campus Location
Diamond Oaks Career Campus
6375 Harrison Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45247
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
303 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
(Formerly 3254 East Kemper Road)
- Tuition Information
Direct Cost: The cost of the program
Total*: $10,115 (Subject to change)
NEW!! A tuition grant of up to $5,000 is available for this program to those who qualify! Click here for details.
- Other Costs
Indirect Costs: These are not costs to attend Great Oaks, but an estimate of living expenses you may have while attending school. They are shown for federal financial aid purposes, and include child care, housing, transportations, etc.
Dependent Student: $8069
Independent Student: $14052
- Related Information
Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education
Gain Skills in Structural and Non-Structural Welding
Have a steady hand, a good eye, and a desire to create work that lasts? Welders can work in a variety of fields, from aerospace to power plants to manufacturing—or even under water. Learn to read blueprints and lay out your work, and gain skills in welding, brazing, cutting, and fabrication as you prepare for a successful career.
Precision and excellent hand/eye coordination are important for the welding technician program. You will learn various types of welds and cutting operations, as well as fabrication, quality control, weld testing, and blueprint reading. Through this program, you will have the opportunity to become a certified welder. Other career pathways might include welding inspector, metal fabricator, or sales.
For job outlook and wages for Welding Technician visit www.onetonline.org.
College Credit Options:
- Earn college credit; details at https://transfercredit.ohio.gov.
- Attend an information session.
- High school diploma or GED®
- Achieve a WorkKeys® assessment level of (4) or higher.
Ready to Enroll?
- Attend an information session at Scarlet Oaks (a requirement for full-time programs). You will receive information about enrollment, take a tour, discuss the required placement test, and receive general financial aid information. Click here for dates.
- For WorkKeys test information, visit the ACT® website.
- To register for ACT’s free WorkKeys online test prep curriculum click here.
- For free WorkKeys practice tests visit the OhioMeansJobs® website.
- For financial aid information click here.
- Call hotline 513.771.8881.
- Contact Marty Lopinto, Career Planning Specialist email@example.com or 513.612.5790.
- Contact Bruce Scherer, Instructor (Diamond Oaks) firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.612.7053.
- Contact John McClung, Instructor (Scarlet Oaks) email@example.com or 513.612.5832.