Motorcycle Safety Classes
Motorcycle classes for the Great Oaks 2017 riding season are closed. Information for the 2018 riding season will be available in December and registration will start in January.
Basic Rider 3-Day Class:
This 16-hour course is for anyone who wants to learn the skills necessary for safe and enjoyable riding. The course is designed for beginning riders. The 4-hour classroom session prepares you for the 10+ hours of on-motorcycle instruction. Motorcycles and helmets are provided by the Ohio Department of Public Safety. See Frequently Asked Questions (below) about using your own motorcycle or scooter.
Before you register: Pass a written test at the driver's license exam station to obtain your Temporary Motorcycle Permit OR already have a motorcycle license/endorsement. You must:
Bring your valid Temporary Motorcycle Learner's Permit or your Motorcycle Endorsement with you the first day/evening of class.
Arrive at least 5 minutes before the class start time. Note: Unfilled seats at the class start time are given to standby walk-in students.
Registration fee: $50 (non-refundable), payable with credit or debit card only.
Additional Rider Courses Offered:
- Basic Rider Skills for Returning Riders (BRS-RR): 1-day class.
- 2018 Motorcycle Safety classes and schedule (Diamond Oaks, Live Oaks and Scarlet Oaks) Schedule will be posted in December
- 2018 Motorcycle Safety classes and schedule (Laurel Oaks) Schedule will be posted in December
- How to register
- Class locations
- What to do when classes are filled
- FAQs about Motorcycle Safety classes
- How to become a motorcycle instructor
For details and registration, go to www.Motorcycle.Ohio.gov