Patient Access & Registration Professional
This comprehensive 90-hour hybrid program will prepare students to handle patient encounters, patient customer service and other areas related to intake and the coordination of a patient’s healthcare experience. This program covers important background information on the healthcare profession including: interpersonal skills; patient confidentiality; medical ethics and law; medical terminology; basics of insurance billing and coding; telephone techniques; scheduling appointments and medical records management. Additional key program topics include: customer service; referral/transfer services; resource scheduling; patient check-in; admission; registration; revenue cycle & information systems; statistical reporting; customer satisfaction and retention; leadership and management and other relevant topics.
90% in-class attendance is required.
National Certification: Students who complete this program would be eligible to sit for the National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) national certification exam
- BCI and FBI background check*
- WorkKeys® testing* (must achieve a level 4 or higher)
- Copy of high school diploma or HSE
*May be additional cost
Ready to Enroll?
- Watch the information session video
- Fill out the Health Professions Academy Interest Form
- Print admission packet to the left and complete requirements listed for your program
- Submit completed program requirements to Scarlet Oaks
- Register for class with full payment or funding
- Call hotline 513.771.8881
- Contact Vernocia Johnson, Supervisor, 513.612.7019, email@example.com or Colleen Baldwin, Secretary, 513.612.5789, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Patient Access and Registration Professional program is offered at Great Oaks by Condensed Curriculum International (CCI). Since 1993, CCI has supported schools in communities nationwide with educational programs focused on healthcare and other in-demand disciplines.