State Tested Nursing Assistant & Patient Care Assistant
Program Quick Facts
Prepare for employment in hospitals or long-term care facilities through the Health Professions Academy.
The State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) and Patient Care Assistant (PCA) classes are both available at the Scarlet Oaks campus only.
Made in the Trades
Train for employment in the high-demand medical field:
Begin with STNA training to learn the basics of personal patient care under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to take the STNA state test.
After completing STNA training, continue with PCA training in which students learn how to provide acute medical and surgical care under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
Tuition is affordable, and funding may be available. These programs are not eligible for Pell Grant or Stafford Loans (FAFSA). Please refer to this “Funding Options” document for additional funding resources.
Learn more about a possible career in this field.
Ready to Enroll?
- Watch the Information Session video here or attend an in-person information session
- Fill out the application below
- Download and complete the Admissions Packet.
- Prepare for and take the WorkKeys Assessments
- Review funding options here .
For the 13-day STNA training – BCI & I and FBI background checks; WorkKeys® assessment; physical examination, two-step PPD; immunization; CPR (offered during class); social security card; and a high school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency).
- For the 6-day PCA training – Same requirements as the STNA training, plus successful completion of State of Ohio Nursing Aide Training and name listed on Nurse Aide Registry.
Great Oaks Career Campuses is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (council.org)