State Tested Nursing Assistant & Patient Care Assistant
Prepare for employment in hospitals or long-term care facilities through the Health Professions Academy.
Train for employment in the high-demand medical field:
Begin with STNA training to learn the basics of personal patient care under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to take the STNA state test.
After completing STNA training, continue with PCA training in which students learn how to provide acute medical and surgical care under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
Tuition is affordable, and funding may be available. These programs are not eligible for Pell Grant or Stafford Loans (FAFSA). Please refer to this “Funding Options” document for additional funding resources.
Steps of Enrollment
- Attend an in-person info session
- Fill out the application
- Submit copy of HS diploma/HSE
- Physical exam*
- Two-step TB test*
- Take the WorkKeys Tests (must achieve a level 4 or higher)
- FBI & BCI background check
- Submit picture ID
- Submit Social Security Card (required to sit for STNA certification.)
- Have solid color scrubs for class and clinical
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Register for class with full payment or funding
PCA Class Requirements
All of the above requirements plus a successful completion of State of Ohio Nursing Aid Training.
Great Oaks Career Campuses is accredited by the Commission on Council on Occupational Education (council.org)