Aspire HSE Classes
Great Oaks HSE (High School Equivalency)
Great Oaks’ Aspire programs provide FREE services for individuals who need assistance acquiring the skills to be successful in post-secondary education and training, and employment. The program offers classes at several Great Oaks’ locations, and on different days and times to meet diverse needs.
- Reading, writing and basic math skills
- Adult Secondary Education/HSE Preparation-get ready for the GED, HiSet, and the TASC tests for the Ohio High School Equivalence Diploma
- Life skills, employability skills and computer literacy
- Transition services – including employment and post-secondary
- Corrections education – a partnership with a jail, detention center, community-based rehabilitation center or other similar institution
Fall HSE Registration/Information Session Dates
Before starting HSE classes, all students MUST complete an approximately three-hour registration and placement session at one of the following locations:
Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:30 am- 12:30 pm or 6:30 pm-9:30 pm
*Valid government-issued photo ID or passport required to enter building.*
*Seating is limited and on a first-come basis. Late arrivals will not be admitted.*
In order to enroll in the Aspire HSE program, participant must be at least 19 years old. Students ages 16-18 may be permitted into the Aspire HSE program if they meet Aspire/Ohio Board of Regents requirements, including providing documentation of official withdrawal from school (official school letterhead signed by superintendent or designee). Documentation of official withdrawal or a copy of the diploma must be verified prior to enrollment and must be kept on file with other required student records. Students age 16 and 17 must also obtain a parent or guardian's signature on the Release of Information Form before attending.
Call 612.5806 for more information.
Please open the links below for printer friendly versions of information session dates and class schedule, and directions to our various locations.