Law Enforcement Training and Development
Start, continue, or advance in your career through training at the Great Oaks Police Academy. Centrally located in Sharonville, the Police Academy has provided training, requalification, and professional development for thousands of law enforcement professionals across the region.
Interested in starting a career in law enforcement? Great Oaks offers a 737-hour academy to prepare cadets to earn the Ohio Peace Officer Certificate. Click here for more information.
Courses for current professionals
(NOTE: Links will take you to a separate website)
Upcoming seminars and professional development
- SURVIVEtm Training: Active Shooter Response & Tactical Medicine - June 30, 2021
- OPOTC Peace Officer Refresher Training – August 12 & 13, 2021
- Tactical Defense and De-escalation for Females in Law Enforcement - June 23-25, 2021
Great Oaks-sponsored classes are held at:
Great Oaks Career Campuses
Public Safety Services
200 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
Al Gille, Police Academy Commander
Upcoming training offered by Great Oaks partner agencies at other locations
- Executive Leadership Institute - August 2-6, 2021
- ALICE Instructor - August 5-6, 2021
- PepperBall Instructor/Armorer Certification - September 9-10, 2021
- CSI Certification Test Preparation Course – November 29-December 3, 2021
Miami Township Police Department also offers frequent training opportunities for area law enforcement! Click here for the latest list of sessions.