- Program Length
150 hours, 10 weeks
150 hours, 18 weeks
Monday/Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesday/Wednesday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday/Wednesday, 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Tuesday/Thursday, 6:00 to 10:00 pm
- Program Dates
Daytime Start Dates:
Evening Start Dates:
September 3, 2019 (Tuesday/Thursday)
January 13, 2020 (Monday/Wednesday)
- Program Campus Location
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
Public Safety Services
200 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
(Formerly 3254 East Kemper Road)
- Tuition Information
Tuition: $1,390 – Includes books, fees, materials, state test (One attempt)
- Other Costs
See Enrollment Requirements.
- Related Information
Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education
For current class listings or to register, click here or phone 513.771.1142.
Develop Entry Level Skills to Gain a Career in the Rapidly Growing Emergency Medical Response Field with this Short-Term (State License) Certification Program
The 150 hour Emergency Medical Technician program (EMT) teaches students basic anatomy and physiology, general pharmacology, how to provide basic emergency medical care – airway management, bleeding control, treatment of fractures, soft tissue injuries, illness and transportation of the sick or injured person. The program includes clinical experience in a hospital emergency department and an emergency medical response agency. Graduates are eligible to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians examination which results in national certification and Ohio Department of Public Safety Division of Emergency Medical Services State EMT license.
*Please note: 100% in class attendance is required.
- High school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency)
- Achieve a WorkKeys® assessment level of (4) or higher in Applied Math and Graphic Literacy and a (5) in Workplace Documents.
- Background check BCI&I and FBI (May take up to 6 weeks for results)
- “2-Step” TB test
Ready to Enroll?
- To register for the WorkKeys test call 513.771.1142.
- For WorkKeys test information, visit the ACT website.
- For free WorkKeys practice tests visit the OhioMeansJobs® website.
- To enroll in the program call 513.771.1142.
- For current class listings click here.
- Call Public Safety Services on the Scarlet Oaks Campus 513.771.1142.
- Contact Johnny Mason, Supervisor, 513.612.5834