- Program Length
675 hours, 18 weeks
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Program Dates
Start Date: August 17, 2020
End Date: December 15, 2020
Start Date: April 5, 2021
End Date: August 2, 2021
- Program Campus Location
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
Public Safety Services
200 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
(Formerly 3254 East Kemper Road)
- Tuition Information
Direct Cost: The cost of the program
Total*: $8,170 (Subject to change) Includes uniforms
Please note: Books, tools and supplies are a requirement of each program and are a mandatory cost of the program.
- Other Costs
Indirect Costs: These are not costs to attend Great Oaks, but an estimate of living expenses you may have while attending school. They are shown for federal financial aid purposes, and include child care, housing, transportations, etc.
Dependent Student: $3,260
Independent Student: $5,532
- Related Information
Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education
Gain Skills in Firefighting and Emergency Medical Rescue
NOW ENROLLING FOR SPRING 2021!
*Fall enrollment is now full
If you want to help people, can keep calm in intense situations, and are ready for a challenge, join the Firefighting/Emergency Medical Rescue Academy. You can earn both an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B) certification, a professional firefighter certification, plus train in the same settings and situations as local firefighters.
The Great Oaks Fire Academy offers 667 hours of EMS, fire, fire pumper, hazardous materials incidents, and technical rescue from our nationally and internationally recognized faculty. All graduates of this accredited program receive Pro Board certifications and are eligible to take examinations for Ohio FF, Ohio EMT, and National Registry of EMT credentials.
For job outlook and wages for Fire & Emergency Medical Rescue Academy visit www.onetonline.org.
Fire & Emergency Medical Rescue Academy (for the April 2021 academy):
College Credit Options:
- Earn college credit; details at https://transfercredit.ohio.gov.
- Attend an information session
- High school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency) HSE Hotline 513-612-5806
- Achieve a WorkKeys® assessment level of (4) or higher in Applied Math and Graphic Literacy and a (5) in Workplace Documents.
- Have a physical performed by a physician, certified nurse practitioner, or physician assistant that states you can perform strenuous physical activity.
- Pass background investigation.
- At least age 18 by completion of program
- Attend a mandatory orientation at the Public Safety Services location.
Ready to Enroll?
- Attend an information session at Scarlet Oaks (a requirement for full-time programs). You will receive information about enrollment, take a tour, discuss the required placement test, and receive general financial aid information. Click here for dates and to register.
- For WorkKeys® test information, visit the ACT® website.
- For free WorkKeys practice tests visit the OhioMeansJobs® website.
- For financial aid information click here.
- Call Public Safety Services 513.771.1142.
Contact Marty Lopinto, Career Planning Specialist email@example.com or 513.612.5790.
Contact Johnny Mason, Fire and Safety Services Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.612.5834.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Great Oaks Career Campuses has early implemented the Rescission of the Gainful Employment Rule, based on Gainful Employment Electronic Announcement #122 – Early Implementation of the Rescission of the Gainful Employment Rule.