- Program Length
300 hours, 7.5 weeks
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Program Dates
Start: August 23, 2021
End: October 15, 2021
- Program Campus Location
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
Public Safety Services
200 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
(Formerly 3254 East Kemper Road)
- Tuition Information
Tuition: $5,500 – Includes books, fees, materials, FF protective gear, state test (One attempt)
- Available Certifications
Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education
For current class listings or to register, click here or phone 513.771.1142.
Develop Entry Level Skills to Gain a Career in the Public or Private Sector as a Fire Fighter with this Short-Term (State License) Certification Program.
The Fire Fighter II program (FF I & II) teaches students fire ground safety, basic building construction, search and rescue, horizontal/vertical ventilation, suppression of class A-D fires, ground and aerial ladders, incident management, salvage and overhaul, forcible entry, self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), and hazardous material operations. Graduates are eligible to take the Ohio Department of Public Safety Division of Emergency Medical Service FF I & II certification/licensing examination.
The deadline for enrolling is 30 days before the first day of class. There will be a mandatory orientation meeting prior to the start of class.
- High school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency)
- Achieve a WorkKeys® assessment level of (4) or higher in Applied Math and Graphic Literacy and a (5) in Workplace Documents.
- Background check BCI&I and FBI (May take up to 6 weeks for results)
- Medical physical examination (Great Oaks form found here)
Ready to Enroll?
- To register for the WorkKeys test call 513.771.1142.
- For WorkKeys test information, visit the ACT website.
- For free WorkKeys practice tests visit the OhioMeansJobs® website.
- To enroll in the program call 513.771.1142.
- For current class listings click here.
- Call Public Safety Services on the Scarlet Oaks Campus 513.771.1142
- Contact Johnny Mason, Supervisor email@example.com