- Program Length
300 hours, 7.5 weeks
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Program Dates
No upcoming dates scheduled
- Program Campus Location
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
Public Safety Services
200 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
(Formerly 3254 East Kemper Road)
- Tuition Information
Tuition: $5,500 – Includes books, fees, materials, FF protective gear, state test (One attempt)
- Available Certifications
Great Oaks Career Campuses is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education
For current class listings or to register, click here or phone 513.771.1142.
Develop Entry Level Skills to Gain a Career in the Public or Private Sector as a Fire Fighter with this Short-Term (State License) Certification Program.
The Fire Fighter II program (FF I & II) teaches students fire ground safety, basic building construction, search and rescue, horizontal/vertical ventilation, suppression of class A-D fires, ground and aerial ladders, incident management, salvage and overhaul, forcible entry, self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), and hazardous material operations. Graduates are eligible to take the Ohio Department of Public Safety Division of Emergency Medical Service FF I & II certification/licensing examination.
The deadline for enrolling is 30 days before the first day of class. There will be a mandatory orientation meeting prior to the start of class.
- High school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency)
- Achieve a WorkKeys® assessment level of (4) or higher in Applied Math and Graphic Literacy and a (5) in Workplace Documents.
- Background check BCI&I and FBI (May take up to 6 weeks for results)
- Medical physical examination (Great Oaks form found here)
Ready to Enroll?
- To register for the WorkKeys test call 513.771.1142.
- For WorkKeys test information, visit the ACT website.
- For free WorkKeys practice tests visit the OhioMeansJobs® website.
- To enroll in the program call 513.771.1142.
- For current class listings click here.
- Call Public Safety Services on the Scarlet Oaks Campus 513.771.1142
- Contact Johnny Mason, Supervisor email@example.com