- Program Length
50 hour/7 weeks
Tuesday and Thursday
6:00 pm to 9:30 pm
- Program Dates
August 10, 2021 to September 28, 2021
- Program Campus Location
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
303 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
- Tuition Information
$1,199 (Tuition does not include national exam fee)
- Other Costs
National exam: $205
- Available Certifications
NAHUC National Certification
American Heart Association -BLS Provider
Join the Ever-Growing Health Care Field with this Short-Term Certification Program
This 50 hour/7 week program is designed to prepare a student to perform the tasks and responsibilities of a Health Unit Coordinator in support of medical staff, nursing personnel, hospital departments, and to assist patients and visitors. This program includes interactive lecture, labs and exercises designed to review medical terminology, methods of effective communication and progressive management techniques. Throughout this program students will perform multiple exercises in the complexities of transcribing physician’s orders; patient chart documentation; HIPAA regulations; dietary orders; vital signs documentation; ordering of diagnostic and therapeutic testing; all in an effort to prepare a student to function as a vital member of the healthcare team. Upon successful completion of this Health Unit Coordinator Program, students will be eligible to sit for the National Association of Health Unit Coordinators (NAHUC) national certification exam.
90% in-class attendance is required.
- Watch information session video (below)
- BCI and FBI background check*
- WorkKeys® testing* (must achieve a level 4 or higher)
- Copy of high school diploma or HSE
*May be additional cost
- Watch information session video
- Fill out the Health Professions Academy Interest Form
- Print admission packet to the right and complete requirements listed for your program
- Submit completed program requirements to Scarlet Oaks
- Register for class with full payment or funding
- Call hotline 513-771-8881.
- Contact Vernocia Johnson, Supervisor, 513.612.7019, firstname.lastname@example.org or Colleen Baldwin, Secretary, 513.612.5789, email@example.com
The Health Unit Coordinator program is offered at Great Oaks by Condensed Curriculum International (CCI). Since 1993, CCI has supported schools in communities nationwide with educational programs focused on healthcare and other in-demand disciplines.