- Program Length
Day Academy (All Day):
737 hours, 17 weeks
737 hours, 32 weeks
Day Academy (All Day):
Monday through Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
(Reporting time to class will vary, with a required report time of 15 minutes prior to class.)
Monday through Friday
3:45 pm to 9:30 pm
(Start time will vary depending on the day’s topic. Students must plan to be in the classroom at 3:45 pm.)
Both day academy and evening academy require some weekend training.
- Program Dates
Next scheduled session
Start Date: January 2021
End Date: August 2021
Day Academy (All Day)
Start Date: July 6, 2020
End Date: November 2020
- Program Campus Location
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
Public Safety Services
200 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
(Formerly 3254 East Kemper Road)
- Tuition Information
Direct Cost: The cost of the program
Books/Tools/Supplies: $800 (includes uniforms)
Total*: $6,830 (Subject to change)
Please note: Books, tools and supplies are a requirement of each program and are a mandatory cost of the program.
- Other Costs
Indirect Costs: These are not costs to attend Great Oaks, but an estimate of living expenses you may have while attending school. They are shown for federal financial aid purposes, and include child care, housing, transportations, etc.
Dependent Student: $3,077
Independent Student: $5,215
Dependent Student: $4,987
Independent Student: $8,453
- Related Information
Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education
Gain Skills in all Aspects of Law Enforcement
Now enrolling for July 2020!
Serve and protect. Are you the kind of person that wants to make sure your community is safe? Through the Great Oaks Police Academy, you’ll become eligible to earn the Ohio Peace Officer Certificate which is the gateway to inclusion in a class of individuals who are sought by many police recruiters.
Gain over 700 hours of police training under the direction of a State Certified Police Academy Commander. Successful completion of this course and passing the Ohio Peace Officer Certification Exam is the first step to Ohio certification by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission. Accredited by OPOTA (Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy) and COE (the Council on Occupational Education.)
For job outlook and wages for Police Academy visit www.onetonline.org.
Prospective students must complete a physical conditioning assessment of sit‑ups, push-ups, and 1.5 mile run, then complete paperwork if they successfully meet the preliminary physical fitness standards. Click here for preliminary physical fitness standards.
Physical Conditioning Assessment Dates:
April 18, 2020 9:00 am
To register for the physical conditioning assessment, contact Commander Mike Wright 513.612.5763 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The assessment is held at Great Oaks Public Safety Services, 200 Scarlet Oaks Drive (at 3254 E. Kemper Road.)
Interested in enrolling in the next Academy? Act right away!
Register here for more information about the Police Academy.
Contact Commander Mike Wright 513.612.5763 or email@example.com.
College Credit Options:
- Earn college credit; details at https://transfercredit.ohio.gov. (Note: When checking available credit, choose “select all” under colleges and universities.)
- Attend an information session or meet with the commander.
- High school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency) HSE Hotline 513.612.5806
- Achieve a WorkKeys® assessment level of (4) or higher in Applied Math and Graphic Literacy and a (5) in Workplace Documents.
- Have a physical performed by a physician, certified nurse practitioner, or physician assistant that states you can perform strenuous physical activity.
- Pass a physical conditioning assessment for sit‑ups, push-ups, and 1.5 mile run. Click here for preliminary physical fitness standards.
- Be 21 years old by completion
- Pass background investigation
- Pass drug screen
Ready to enroll?
- Contact Commander Mike Wright 513.612.5763 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For WorkKeys® test information, visit the ACT website.
- For free WorkKeys practice tests visit the OhioMeansJobs® website.
- For financial aid information click here.
Contact Marty Lopinto, Career Planning Specialist email@example.com or 513.612.5790.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Great Oaks Career Campuses has early implemented the Rescission of the Gainful Employment Rule, based on Gainful Employment Electronic Announcement #122 – Early Implementation of the Rescission of the Gainful Employment Rule.