- Program Length
50 hours/7 weeks
6:00 pm-9:30 pm
- Program Dates
October 20 to December 10, 2020
March 30 to May 20, 2021
- Program Campus Location
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
303 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
- Tuition Information
Tuition: $1,399 (Exam and CPR cost not included)
Certification exam– Certified Medical Administrative Assistant: $117
Medical administrative assistants, medical secretaries, and medical records clerks are all positions in great demand!
This 50-hour, 7-week program prepares students to function effectively in many of the administrative and clerical positions in the health care industry. This program covers important background information on the medical assisting profession and interpersonal skills, medical ethics and law, medical terminology, basics of insurance billing and coding, telephone techniques, scheduling appointments, medical records management and management of practice finances. This program is intended to provide students with a well-rounded introduction to medical administration so that a student can gain the necessary skills required to obtain a medical administrative assistant position in the health care field.
National Certification: This program meets the necessary requirements to take the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) – Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam.
Clinical Externship: As part of this Medical Administrative Assistant program, you are required to participate in a 40 hour clinical externship.
90% in-class attendance is required.
- Watch information session video (below)
- BCI and FBI background check*
- WorkKeys® testing* (must achieve a level 4 or higher)
- Copy of high school diploma or HSE
*May be additional cost
Ready to Enroll?
- Watch information session video
- Print admission packet to the left and complete requirements listed for your program
- Submit completed program requirements to Scarlet Oaks
- Register for class with full payment or sponsorship
- Call hotline 513.771.8881
- Contact Vernocia Johnson, Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org or Colleen Baldwin, Secretary 513.612.5789 email@example.com
The Medical Administrative Assistant program is offered at Great Oaks by Condensed Curriculum International (CCI). Since 1993, CCI has supported schools in communities nationwide with educational programs focused on healthcare and other in-demand disciplines.