- Program Length
900 hours, 45 weeks
- Program Dates
Start Date: August 12, 2020
End Date: June 24, 2021
- Program Campus Location
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
303 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
(Formerly 3254 East Kemper Road)
- Tuition Information
Direct Cost: The cost of the program
Total*: $9,602 (Subject to change)
Please note: Books, tools and supplies are a requirement of each program and are a mandatory cost of the program.
- Other Costs
Indirect Costs: These are not costs to attend Great Oaks, but an estimate of living expenses you may have while attending school. They are shown for federal financial aid purposes, and include child care, housing, transportations, etc.
Dependent Student: $8,069
Independent Student: $14,052
- Related Information
Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education
Gain Skills in Medical Coding and Billing
Accuracy is critical in every aspect of health care, and accurate records are especially important. If you enjoy working in an office and want to help people, consider the Medical Office Specialist program. Graduates may work in medical offices, hospitals, healthcare facilities, and health insurance organizations. This program prepares you for the National Health Careers Association Exam.
Open the door to an occupation in high demand. Learn basic clerical skills, medical terminology, medical coding and billing. In addition, you will be introduced to computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and computer billing software. Graduates may work in medical offices, hospitals, healthcare facilities, and health insurance organizations. This program prepares the learner for nationally recognized medical coding and billing certifications through the NHA.
For job outlook and wages for Medical Office Specialist, Billing and Coding visit www.onetonline.org.
College Credit Options:
- Earn college credit; details at https://transfercredit.ohio.gov.
- Attend an information session.
- High school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency) HSE Hotline 513-612-5806
- Achieve a WorkKeys® assessment level of (4) or higher in all three sections: Applied Math, Workplace Documents and Graphic Literacy.
- BCI and FBI checks are required prior to enrollment in this program.
- At least age 18 by completion of program.
Ready to Enroll?
- Attend an information session at Scarlet Oaks (a requirement for full-time programs). You will receive information about enrollment, take a tour, discuss the required placement test, and receive general financial aid information. Click here for dates and to register.
- For WorkKeys test information, visit the ACT® website.
- For free WorkKeys practice tests visit the OhioMeansJobs® website.
- For financial aid information click here.
- Call hotline 513.771.8881.
- Contact Marty Lopinto, Career Planning Specialist email@example.com or 513.612.5790.
- Contact Teresa Thurston, Instructor firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.771.5854.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Great Oaks Career Campuses has early implemented the Rescission of the Gainful Employment Rule, based on Gainful Employment Electronic Announcement #122 – Early Implementation of the Rescission of the Gainful Employment Rule.