- Program Length
50 hours/7 weeks
plus 80 hour clinical externship
6:00 pm-9:30 pm
Health Professions Academy:
Tuesdays and Thursdays
1:00 pm-4:30 pm
- Program Dates
January 21 to March 5, 2020
Health Professions Academy (HPA):
October 22 to December 12, 2019
*Clinical externship dates for HPA class: December 16, 2019-March 16, 2020
- Program Campus Location
Diamond Oaks Career Campus
6375 Harrison Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45247
Health Professions Academy at OhioMeansJobs
1916 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45214
- Tuition Information
Tuition: $1,399 (Exam and CPR cost not included)
Certification exam– Certified Pharmacy Technician: $117
This comprehensive 50 hour program will prepare students to work as a pharmacy technician in a retail or other pharmacy setting and to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s PTCB exam. Course content includes pharmacy medical terminology, the history of pharmacy, the pharmacy practice in multiple environments, pharmacy calculations and measurements, reading and interpreting prescriptions and defining drugs by generic and brand names. Through classroom lecture and hands on labs, students will review dosage calculations, drug classifications, the “top 200 drugs”, I.V. flow rates, sterile compounding, dose conversions, aseptic technique, the handling of sterile products, total parenteral nutrition (TPN), dispensing of prescriptions, inventory control and billing and reimbursement.
This program meets the necessary requirements to take the Pharmacy Technician Certified Board (PTCB) – Certified Pharmacy Technician (PTCB) exam.
Clinical Externship: As part of this Pharmacy Technician program, you are required to participate in an 80 hour clinical externship.
- Attendance at an information session
- 90% or better in class attendance
- BCI and FBI background check*
- WorkKeys® testing*
- Physical exam*
- Two-step TB test*
- Immunization record
- Copy of high school diploma or HSE
Requirements Before Clinical Externship:
- 3 series Hepatitis B vaccination (before clinicals)*
- Drug screen (before clinicals)*
- Second BCI and FBI background check (before clinicals)*
*May be additional cost
- Attend an information session
- For WorkKeys® test information, visit the ACT® website.
- For free WorkKeys practice tests visit the OhioMeansJobs website.
- Call hotline 513.771.8881
- Diamond Oaks: Contact Vernocia Johnson, Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org or Colleen Baldwin, Secretary 513.612.7003 email@example.com
- Health Professions Academy: Contact Julia Ancona, Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org or Charlotte Ferguson, Secretary email@example.com 513.961.4220
Diamond Oaks Information Sessions:
All sessions are at 6:00 pm.
October 2, 2019
January 6, 2020
Health Professions Academy Information Sessions:
All sessions are at 11:00 am
Call 513.961.4220 for dates and to register
The Pharmacy Technician program is offered at Great Oaks by Condensed Curriculum International (CCI). Since 1993, CCI has supported schools in communities nationwide with educational programs focused on healthcare and other in-demand disciplines.