- Program Length
plus 80 hour externship
6:00 pm-8:30 pm/10 weeks
Health Professions Academy:
Tuesdays and Thursdays
1:00 pm-4:30 pm/7.5 weeks
- Program Dates
February 4, 2020 to April 9, 2020
Health Professions Academy (HPA):
February 18 to April 7, 2020
- Program Campus Location
Diamond Oaks Career Campus
6375 Harrison Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45247
Health Professions Academy at OhioMeansJobs
1916 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45214
- Tuition Information
Tuition: $1,399 (Exam cost not included)
Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam: $129
This comprehensive 50 hour program with an 80 hour externship will prepare students to work as a pharmacy technician in a retail or other pharmacy setting and to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s PTCB exam. Course content includes pharmacy medical terminology, the history of pharmacy, the pharmacy practice in multiple environments, pharmacy calculations and measurements, reading and interpreting prescriptions and defining drugs by generic and brand names. Through classroom lecture and hands on labs, students will review dosage calculations, drug classifications, the “top 200 drugs”, I.V. flow rates, sterile compounding, dose conversions, aseptic technique, the handling of sterile products, total parenteral nutrition (TPN), dispensing of prescriptions, inventory control and billing and reimbursement.
This program meets the necessary requirements to take the Pharmacy Technician Certified Board (PTCB) – Certified Pharmacy Technician (PTCB) exam.
Clinical Externship: As part of this Pharmacy Technician program, you are required to participate in an 80 hour clinical externship.
- Attendance at an information session
- BCI and FBI background check*
- WorkKeys® testing*
- Physical exam*
- Two-step TB test*
- Immunization record (MMR, Varicella, Tdap and Hepatitis B 3-dose series)*
- Copy of high school diploma or HSE
Requirements Before Clinical Externship:
- Drug screen (before clinicals)*
- Second BCI and FBI background check sent to Pharmacy Board (before clinicals)*
*May be additional cost
- Attend an information session
- Submit completed program requirements to the campus you plan to attend
- Diamond Oaks: Contact Vernocia Johnson, Supervisor email@example.com or Colleen Baldwin, Secretary 513.612.7003 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Professions Academy: Contact Julia Ancona, Supervisor email@example.com or Sue Spradlin, Career Pathway Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.512.6302
Diamond Oaks Information Sessions:
All sessions are at 6:00 pm. No registration required.
January 6, 2020
Health Professions Academy Information Sessions:
All sessions are at 11:00 am
Call 513.961.4220 to register for information sessions at Health Professions Academy.
The Pharmacy Technician program is offered at Great Oaks by Condensed Curriculum International (CCI). Since 1993, CCI has supported schools in communities nationwide with educational programs focused on healthcare and other in-demand disciplines.