- Program Length
plus 80 hour externship
9:00 am to 1:30 pm
- Program Dates
August 21, 2021-November 6, 2021
- Program Campus Location
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
303 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
- Tuition Information
Tuition: $1,399 (Tuition does not include national exam fee)
- Other Costs
NAtional exam: $129
- Available Certifications
PTCB -CPhT National Certification
American Heart Association -BLS Provider
Pharmacy Technician Trainee Licensure
This comprehensive 50 hour program with an 80 hour externship will prepare students to work as a pharmacy technician in a retail or other pharmacy setting and to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s PTCB exam. Course content includes pharmacy medical terminology, the history of pharmacy, the pharmacy practice in multiple environments, pharmacy calculations and measurements, reading and interpreting prescriptions and defining drugs by generic and brand names. Through classroom lecture and hands on labs, students will review dosage calculations, drug classifications, the “top 200 drugs”, I.V. flow rates, sterile compounding, dose conversions, aseptic technique, the handling of sterile products, total parenteral nutrition (TPN), dispensing of prescriptions, inventory control and billing and reimbursement.
This program meets the necessary requirements to take the Pharmacy Technician Certified Board (PTCB) – Certified Pharmacy Technician (PTCB) exam.
Clinical Externship: As part of this Pharmacy Technician program, you are required to participate in an 80-hour clinical externship.
90% in-class attendance is required.
*Please note: Not Approved for the Adult Diploma Program
- Watch information session video (below)
- BCI and FBI background check*
- WorkKeys® testing* (must achieve a level 4 or higher)
- Copy of high school diploma or HSE
Students with a foreign diploma may be required to demonstrate English proficiency to receive their Pharmacy Technician Trainee Licensure. More information on this requirement is available here.
The following clinical requirements are due 2 weeks after class begins:
- Physical exam*
- Two-step TB test*
- Immunization record (MMR, Varicella, Tdap and Hepatitis B 3-dose series)
- Drug screen*
- Flu Shot*
- Updated resume
- Release Form
*May be additional cost
- Watch information session video
- Fill out the Health Professions Academy Interest Form
- Print admission packet to the right and complete requirements listed for your program
- Submit completed program requirements to Scarlet Oaks
- Register for class with full payment or funding
- Contact Vernocia Johnson, Supervisor, 513.612.7019, email@example.com or Colleen Baldwin, Secretary, 513.612.5789, firstname.lastname@example.org
View this online information session for classes at Scarlet Oaks
The Pharmacy Technician program is offered at Great Oaks by Condensed Curriculum International (CCI). Since 1993, CCI has supported schools in communities nationwide with educational programs focused on healthcare and other in-demand disciplines.