- Program Length
- State Tested Nursing Assistant: 13 daysPatient Care Assistant: 5 daysPLUS Program: 28 days
- Program Dates
State Tested Nursing Assistant:
Monday, August 24 through Wednesday, September 2
8:00 am to 2:30 pm weekdays
at Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
- Program Campus Location
- Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
303 Scarlet Oaks DriveCincinnati, Ohio 45241 (Entry 3)
Phone: 513.961.4220Fax: 513.961.2327
- Tuition Information
Tuition: Includes books, materials, and testing feesState Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA): $825Patient Care Assistant (PCA): $375
PLUS Program: Receive both certifications plus employability skills and soft skills-$2300.
- Other Costs
Background check, TB tests, physical, WorkKeys assessment, scrubs, shoes
- Available Certifications
For course descriptions and registration information, contact the Health Professions Academy at 513.961.4220.
All registrations must take place at Health Professions Academy at Scarlet Oaks at least one week prior to the start of class.
Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational EducationHealth Careers Collaborative of Greater Cincinnati is a partnership of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati State, Dress for Success, Gateway Community and Technical College, Great Oaks Health Professions Academy, Mercy Health, Mercy Neighborhood Ministries, OhioMeansJobs, TriHealth, and UC Health working together providing services for the unemployed and underemployed entering health careers.
The Health Professions Academy at OhioMeansJobs Center has moved to the Scarlet Oaks campus.
The State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA), Patient Care Assistant (PCA) and PLUS classes are all available at the Scarlet Oaks campus.
Tuition is affordable, and funding may be available. Learn more about these programs by watching the Information Session video below.
Prepare for employment in hospitals or long-term care facilities through the Health Professions Academy.
Begin with State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) training to learn the basics of personal patient care under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to take the STNA state test.
After completing STNA training, continue with Patient Care Assistant (PCA) training in which students learn how to provide acute medical and surgical care under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
PLUS Program State Tested Nursing Assistant/Patient Care Assistant.
- For the 13-day STNA training – BCI & I and FBI background checks; WorkKeys® assessment; physical examination, two-step PPD; immunization; social security card; and a high school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency).
- For the 5-day PCA training – Same requirements as the STNA training, plus successful completion of State of Ohio Nursing Aide Training and name listed on Nurse Aide Registry.
- For the PLUS Program – Same requirements as the STNA training.
Ready to Enroll?
- Watch the Information Session video here.
- Read and follow the “Where Do I Begin” checklist
- Fill out the Health Professions Academy Interest Form.
- Download and complete the Admissions Packet.
- Review your funding options.
- Contact Health Professions Academy at 513.961.4220
Health Professions Academy is a United Way Agency Partner