- Program Length
- State Tested Nursing Assistant: 13 daysPatient Care Assistant: 5 daysPLUS Program: 28 days
- Program Dates
- Program Campus Location
- Health Professions Academy at OhioMeansJobs(All registrations must be completed here.)
1916 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45214
Fax: 513.961.2327Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
303 Scarlet Oaks DriveCincinnati, Ohio 45241 (Entry 3)
(Formerly 3254 East Kemper Road)
- Tuition Information
Tuition: Includes books, materials, and testing feesState Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA): $825Patient Care Assistant (PCA): $375
PLUS Program: Receive both certifications plus employability skills and soft skills-$2300.
- Other Costs
Background check, TB tests, physical, WorkKeys assessment, scrubs, shoes
- Related Information
For course descriptions and registration information, contact the Health Professions Academy at 513.961.4220.
All registrations must take place at Health Professions Academy at OhioMeansJobs at least one week prior to the start of class.
Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational EducationHealth Careers Collaborative of Greater Cincinnati is a partnership of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati State, Dress for Success, Gateway Community and Technical College, Great Oaks Health Professions Academy, Mercy Health, Mercy Neighborhood Ministries, OhioMeansJobs, TriHealth, and UC Health working together providing services for the unemployed and underemployed entering health careers.
Prepare for your State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) certification now!
Make your evenings count! Choose evening STNA classes at Scarlet Oaks Career Campus in Sharonville. Classes run Mon-Thurs from 5-10:30 p.m.
Do day classes fit your schedule better? STNA and PCA daytime classes are available at Scarlet Oaks, and daytime STNA, PCA and PLUS program classes are also available at the Health Professions Academy in downtown Cincinnati.
Tuition is affordable, and funding may be available. Call 513.961.4220 to attend an
Prepare for employment in hospitals or long-term care facilities through the Health Professions Academy.
Begin with State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) training to learn the basics of personal patient care under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to take the STNA state test.
After completing STNA training, continue with Patient Care Assistant (PCA) training in which students learn how to provide acute medical and surgical care under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
PLUS Program State Tested Nursing Assistant/Patient Care Assistant.
- For the 13-day STNA training – BCI & I and FBI background checks; WorkKeys® assessment; physical examination, two-step PPD; immunization; social security card; and a high school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency).
- For the 5-day PCA training – Same requirements as the STNA training, plus successful completion of State of Ohio Nursing Aide Training and name listed on Nurse Aide Registry.
- For the PLUS Program – Same requirements as the STNA training.
Ready to Enroll?
- Watch the Information Session video here.
- Read and follow the “Where Do I Begin” checklist
- Fill out the Health Professions Academy Interest Form.
- Download and complete the Admissions Packet
- Contact Health Professions Academy at OhioMeansJobs 513.961.4220
Health Professions Academy is a United Way Agency Partner