- Program Length
- State Tested Nursing Assistant: 13 daysPatient Care Assistant: 5 daysSTNA/PCA PLUS: 32 days
- Program Dates
*The STNA/PCA PLUS schedule has changed as of March 10, 2021
- Program Campus Location
- Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
Health Professions Academy (HPA)
303 Scarlet Oaks Drive (Entry 3)Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
Phone: 513.961.4220Fax: 513.771.4932
- Tuition Information
Tuition: Includes books, materials, and testing feesState Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA): $900Patient Care Assistant (PCA): $450
STNA/PCA PLUS: Receive both certifications plus job search, employability and soft skills training: $2300.
- Other Costs
Background check, TB tests, physical, WorkKeys assessment, scrubs, shoes
- Available Certifications
For course descriptions and registration information, contact the Health Professions Academy at 513.961.4220.
All registrations must take place at Health Professions Academy at Scarlet Oaks AT LEAST one week prior to the start of class.
Great Oaks Career Campuses is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational EducationHealth Careers Collaborative of Greater Cincinnati is a partnership of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati State, Dress for Success, Gateway Community and Technical College, Great Oaks Health Professions Academy, Mercy Health, Mercy Neighborhood Ministries, OhioMeansJobs, TriHealth, and UC Health working together providing services for the unemployed and underemployed entering health careers.
Prepare for employment in hospitals or long-term care facilities through the Health Professions Academy.
The Health Professions Academy (HPA) at OhioMeansJobs Center has moved. The State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA), Patient Care Assistant (PCA) and STNA/PCA PLUS classes are all available at the Scarlet Oaks campus only.
Train for employment in the high-demand medical field:
Begin with STNA training to learn the basics of personal patient care under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to take the STNA state test.
After completing STNA training, continue with PCA training in which students learn how to provide acute medical and surgical care under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
Or, combineemployability and soft skills training with both the STNA and PCA certifications in the STNA/PCA PLUS course.
Tuition is affordable, and funding may be available. These programs are not eligible for Pell Grant or Stafford Loans (FAFSA). Please refer to this “Funding Options” document for additional funding resources.
Ready to Enroll?
- Watch the Information Session video here.
- Fill out the Health Professions Academy Interest Form.
- Download and complete the Admissions Packet.
- Prepare for and take the WorkKeys Assessments
- Review your funding options.
- For the 13-day STNA training – BCI & I and FBI background checks; WorkKeys® assessment; physical examination, two-step PPD; immunization; social security card; and a high school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency).
- For the 5-day PCA training – Same requirements as the STNA training, plus successful completion of State of Ohio Nursing Aide Training and name listed on Nurse Aide Registry.
- For the STNA/PCA PLUS – Same requirements as the STNA and PCA training.
- Contact Health Professions Academy at 513.961.4220
Health Professions Academy is a United Way Agency Partner