- Program Length
900 hours, 45 weeks
Monday through Thursday, 4:30 pm to 10:30 pm
- Program Dates
Start Date: August 2020
End Date: June 2021
- Program Campus Location
Live Oaks Career Campus
5956 Buckwheat Rd
Milford, Ohio 45150
Scarlet Oaks Career Campus
303 Scarlet Oaks Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
(Formerly 3254 East Kemper Road)
- Tuition Information
Direct Cost: The cost of the program
Total*: $10,665 (Subject to change)
Please note: Books, tools and supplies are a requirement of each program and are a mandatory cost of the program.
- Other Costs
Indirect Costs: These are not costs to attend Great Oaks, but an estimate of living expenses you may have while attending school. They are shown for federal financial aid purposes, and include child care, housing, transportations, etc.
Dependent Student: $8,069
Independent Student: $14,052
- Related Information
Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education
Gain Skills in Structural and Non-Structural Welding
Have a steady hand, a good eye, and a desire to create work that lasts? Welders can work in a variety of fields, from aerospace to power plants to manufacturing—or even under water. Learn to read blueprints and lay out your work, and gain skills in welding, brazing, cutting, and fabrication as you prepare for a successful career.
Precision and excellent hand/eye coordination are important for the welding technician program. You will learn various types of welds and cutting operations, as well as fabrication, quality control, weld testing, and blueprint reading. Through this program, you will have the opportunity to become a certified welder. Other career pathways might include welding inspector, metal fabricator, or sales.
For job outlook and wages for Welding Technician visit www.onetonline.org.
College Credit Options:
- Earn college credit; details at https://transfercredit.ohio.gov.
- Attend an information session.
- High school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency) HSE Hotline 513-612-5806
- Achieve a WorkKeys® assessment level of (4) or higher in all three sections: Applied Math, Workplace Documents and Graphic Literacy.
- At least age 18 by completion of program
Ready to Enroll?
- Attend an information session at Scarlet Oaks (a requirement for full-time programs). You will receive information about enrollment, take a tour, discuss the required placement test, and receive general financial aid information. Click here for dates and to register.
- For WorkKeys test information, visit the ACT® website.
- For free WorkKeys practice tests visit the OhioMeansJobs® website.
- For financial aid information click here.
- Call hotline 513.771.8881.
- Contact Marty Lopinto, Career Planning Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.612.5790.
- Contact Roger Taulbee, Instructor (Live Oaks) email@example.com or 513.612.4894.
- Contact Mark Palitto, Instructor (Scarlet Oaks) firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.612.5832.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Great Oaks Career Campuses has early implemented the Rescission of the Gainful Employment Rule, based on Gainful Employment Electronic Announcement #122 – Early Implementation of the Rescission of the Gainful Employment Rule.