Heavy Equipment Operations & Engineering
Gain Skills in Operating Heavy Construction Equipment
Great buildings, parks, neighborhoods, roads and homes depend on a properly prepared site. Heavy Equipment Operations & Engineering will teach you to use and maintain a wide range of equipment—and to understand why and how to create landscapes that will support great structures.
Learn how to operate and maintain a wide range of earth-moving equipment. Interpret and understand soil types as it applies to civil drawings and site maps.
What you will learn: Clearing and excavating, moving and grading earth, digging, slopping, stripping, backfilling, minor maintenance and repair, blueprint reading, construction math, equipment safety, field layout and measurement.
Learn about construction in Ohio! Go to I Build America – Ohio.
For job outlook and wages for Heavy Equipment Operations & Engineering visit www.onetonline.org.
5 Steps oF enrollment:
- Attend an information session
- Fill out an online application on the student portal
- Start your financial aid process
- Successfully achieve a Level 4 on the WorkKeys® Assessments
- Submit all required documents
- Upload HS Diploma, transcript or HSE in the student portal
- All financial aid paperwork and/or payment
- Sign all required documents in the student portal
All students must be 18 years old by the completion of the program and have a high school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency). HSE hotline: 513.612.5806
Great Oaks Career Campuses is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (council.org)