Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
Join the Ever-Growing Health Care Field with this Short-Term Certification Program
Take this 140-hour program with an 80-hour externship and learn the duties of the medical assistant, including taking medical histories and recording vital signs, explaining treatment procedures, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician. Clinical Medical Assistants collect laboratory specimens and perform basic laboratory tests, instruct patients about special diets, prepare and administer medications, draw blood, prepare patients for x-rays, take electrocardiograms, and change dressings. Students who successfully complete the program will be eligible to take the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national examination. Available at Scarlet Oaks.
As part of this program, 90% in-class attendance is required, and you are required to participate in an 80-hour clinical externship.
BCI and FBI background check*
- WorkKeys® testing* (must achieve a level 4 or higher)
- Copy of high school diploma or HSE
The following clinical requirements are due 2 weeks after class begins:
- Physical exam*
- Two-step TB test*
- Immunization record (MMR, Varicella, Tdap and Hepatitis B 3-dose series)
- Drug screen*
- Flu Shot*
- Updated resume
- Release Form
*May be additional cost
Ready to Enroll?
- Watch the information session video
- Fill out the Health Professions Academy Interest Form
- Print admission packet to the left and complete requirements listed for your program
- Submit completed program requirements to Scarlet Oaks
- Register for class with full payment or funding
The Certified Clinical Medical Assistant program is offered at Great Oaks by Condensed Curriculum International (CCI). Since 1993, CCI has supported schools in communities nationwide with educational programs focused on healthcare and other in-demand disciplines.