Join the Ever-Growing Health Care Field with this Short-Term Certification Program
This comprehensive 50 hour/7 week EKG Technician certification program prepares students to function as EKG technicians and to take the NHA-Electrocardiograph (EKG) Technician exam and other national certification exams. This course will include important practice and background information on anatomy and physiology of the heart, medical disease processes, medical terminology, medical ethics, legal aspects of patient contact, electrocardiography, and stress testing. Additionally, students will practice with EKG equipment and perform hands-on labs including introduction to the function and proper use of the EKG machine, the normal anatomy of the chest wall for proper lead placement, 12-lead placement, and other clinical practices.
90% in-class attendance is required.
- BCI and FBI background check*
- WorkKeys® testing* (must achieve a level 4 or higher)
- Copy of high school diploma or HSE
*May be additional cost
Ready to Enroll?
- Watch the information session video
- Fill out the Health Professions Academy Interest Form
- Print admission packet to the left and complete requirements listed for your program
- Submit completed program requirements to Scarlet Oaks
- Register for class with full payment or funding
- Call hotline 513.771.8881
- Contact Vernocia Johnson, Supervisor, 513.612.7019, firstname.lastname@example.org or Colleen Baldwin, Secretary, 513.612.5789, email@example.com
The EKG Technician program is offered at Great Oaks by Condensed Curriculum International (CCI). Since 1993, CCI has supported schools in communities nationwide with educational programs focused on healthcare and other in-demand disciplines.