Emergency Medical Technician -Basic
Develop Entry Level Skills to Gain a Career in the Rapidly Growing Emergency Medical Response Field with this Short-Term (State License) Certification Program
The 150 hour Emergency Medical Technician program (EMT) teaches students basic anatomy and physiology, general pharmacology, how to provide basic emergency medical care – airway management, bleeding control, treatment of fractures, soft tissue injuries, illness and transportation of the sick or injured person. The program includes clinical experience in a hospital emergency department and an emergency medical response agency. Graduates are eligible to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians examination which results in national certification and Ohio Department of Public Safety Division of Emergency Medical Services State EMT license.
*Please note: 100% in class attendance is required.
The deadline for enrolling is 30 days before the first day of class. There will be a 10% late fee applied to tuition if registered after that date.
EMT Refund Policy - Full refunds will be issued when a class is cancelled by the Adult Education Department or fees may be applied to another class. No refunds will be issued after the first class meeting unless otherwise noted. Books and supplies/materials are non-refundable.
- High school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency)
- Achieve a WorkKeys® assessment level of (4) or higher in Applied Math and Graphic Literacy and a (5) in Workplace Documents.
- Background check BCI&I and FBI (May take up to 6 weeks for results)
- TB test
Ready to Enroll?
- Submit an application of interest here
- To register for the WorkKeys test call 513.771.8881.
- For WorkKeys test information, visit the ACT website.
- For free WorkKeys practice tests visit the WorkKeys® page on our website.
- To enroll in the program call 513.771.1142.
- For current class listings click here.
- Call Public Safety Services on the Scarlet Oaks Campus 513.771.1142.
- Contact Dane Fienning at 513-612-5710, email@example.com