Medical Administrative Assistant
Medical administrative assistants, medical secretaries, and medical records clerks are all positions in great demand!
This 50-hour program prepares students to function effectively in many of the administrative and clerical positions in the health care industry. This program covers important background information on the medical assisting profession and interpersonal skills, medical ethics and law, medical terminology, basics of insurance billing and coding, telephone techniques, scheduling appointments, medical records management and management of practice finances. This program is intended to provide students with a well-rounded introduction to medical administration so that a student can gain the necessary skills required to obtain a medical administrative assistant position in the health care field.
100% in-class attendance is required.
National Certification: This program meets the necessary requirements to take the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) – Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam.
Clinical Externship: As part of this Medical Administrative Assistant program, you are required to participate in a 40 hour clinical externship.
BCI and FBI background check*
- WorkKeys® testing* (must achieve a level 4 or higher)
- Copy of high school diploma or HSE
- Physical exam*
- Two-step TB test*
- Immunization record (MMR, Varicella, Tdap, Hepatitis B 3-dose series, COVID vaccination)
- Drug screen* (due after class starts)
- Flu Shot*
- Updated resume (due after class starts)
- Release Form (due after class starts)
- CPR (offered during class)*
*May be additional cost
Ready to Enroll?
- Watch the information session video or attend an in-person information session
- Fill out the application here
- Print admission packet above and complete requirements listed for your program
- Submit completed program requirements to Scarlet Oaks
- Register for class with full payment or funding
- Phone number 513.961.4220
- Contact Career Pathway Coordinator, Sue Spradlin at SpradliS@greatoaks.com
The Medical Administrative Assistant program is offered at Great Oaks by Condensed Curriculum International (CCI). Since 1993, CCI has supported schools in communities nationwide with educational programs focused on healthcare and other in-demand disciplines.