MSSC Maintenance Awareness/MSSC Manufacturing Processes & Production
An MSSC credential clearly demonstrates the credential holder met the industry benchmark for that occupational competency. That provides the individual with a competitive edge while job hunting, while the demonstration of skills can lead to a promotion or raise for incumbent workers. Individuals can also amass national, industry-recognized skills while completing apprenticeships or other formalized training programs.
MSSC Maintenance Awareness
- Basic electrical circuits
- Electrical measurements and power
- Pneumatic power systems
- Basic pneumatic circuits
- Principles of pressure and flow
- Lubrication concepts
- Bearings and couplings
- Belt and chain drives
- Machine control concepts, automation, and operation modes
- Electrical motor controls
MSSC Manufacturing Processes and Production
- Mechanical principles
- Mechanical linkages
- Gear drives
- Machining processes
- Machine tooling
- Machine operations
- Equipment procedures
- Production planning and workflow
- Production control
- WorkKeys® testing* (must achieve a level 4 or higher)
- Copy of high school diploma or HSE
Ready to Enroll?
- Fill out the MSCC Certification Interest Form
- Teresa will contact you with more information once the interest form is completed
- Call 513.771.8881 to register for the WorkKeys Assessment
OSHA 10 and/or Employability Skills will be included with each MSSC course.
OSHA 10 is an outreach and voluntary training program provided by Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA), United States Department of Labor. It provides 10 hours of training to the workers and employees touching on appreciation, prevention, avoidance and reduction of safety and health hazards in the workplace. It also enriches the workers knowledge on their rights, employer responsibilities and procedures for complaints and suggestions.
Employability skills may not be listed in a job description, but they are important skills that can make you more attractive to prospective employers. The main benefit of having these traits is that it can help you stand out more among other job candidates who are vying for the same position. While other candidates may have the same qualifications and experience, you may have a better chance of getting hired if you have employability skills that are particularly useful for the role.