Join the Ever-Growing Health Care Field with this Short-Term Certification Program
This 90 hour/15 week course combines academic and hands-on classroom instruction. Off-site experiences are offered as they are available. Students will learn to safely collect actual blood samples, clean and sterilize equipment, and use infection control precautions. Successful completion of the course will qualify students to take the national certification exam, Phlebotomy Technician Certification CPT, to become a Phlebotomy Technician. Employment opportunities include hospitals, labs, blood banks, nursing homes, or physician offices.
90% in-class attendance is required.
Great Oaks training complies with outcomes for certified phlebotomy training classes as approved by the National Health Career Association®.
- BCI and FBI background check*
- WorkKeys® testing* (must achieve a level 4 or higher)
- Copy of high school diploma or HSE
The following clinical requirements are due 2 weeks after class begins:
- Physical exam*
- Two-step TB test*
- Immunization record (MMR, Varicella, Tdap and Hepatitis B 3-dose series)
- Drug screen*
- Flu Shot*
- Updated resume
- Release Form
*May be additional cost
Ready to Enroll?
- Watch the information session video
- Fill out the Health Professions Academy Interest Form
- Print admission packet to the left and complete requirements listed for your program
- Submit completed program requirements to Scarlet Oaks
- Register for class with full payment or funding
- Call hotline 513.771.8881.
- Contact Vernocia Johnson, Supervisor, 513.612.7019, email@example.com or Colleen Baldwin, Secretary, 513.612.5789, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Phlebotomy Technician program is offered at Great Oaks by Condensed Curriculum International (CCI). Since 1993, CCI has supported schools in communities nationwide with educational programs focused on healthcare and other in-demand disciplines.