Motorcycle Safety Classes
Basic Rider 3-Day Class:
This 16-hour course is for anyone who wants to learn the skills necessary for safe and enjoyable riding. The course is designed for beginning riders. The 4-hour classroom session prepares you for the 10+ hours of on-motorcycle instruction. Motorcycles and helmets are provided by the Ohio Department of Public Safety. See Frequently Asked Questions (below) about using your own motorcycle or scooter.
Before you register: Pass a written test at the driver's license exam station to obtain your Temporary Motorcycle Permit OR already have a motorcycle license/endorsement. You must:
Bring your valid Temporary Motorcycle Learner's Permit or your Motorcycle Endorsement with you the first day/evening of class.
Arrive at least 15 minutes before the class start time. Note: Unfilled seats at the class start time are given to standby walk-in students.
Registration fee: $50 (non-refundable), payable with credit or debit card only.
Additional Rider Courses Offered:
- Basic Rider Skills for Returning Riders (BRS-RR): 1-day class.
- Basic Rider Skills 2 (BRS-2): 1-day class.
- 2019 Motorcycle Safety classes and schedule (through June 2019)
- How to register
- Class locations
- What to do when classes are filled
- FAQs about Motorcycle Safety classes
- How to become a motorcycle instructor
For details, go to www.motorcycle.ohio.gov.
To register for a class, click here.