Motorcycle Safety Classes
Registration for the 2018 riding season will start January 22, 2018 and classes will begin March 2018. Go to: www.motorcycle.ohio.gov
Basic Rider 3-Day Class:
This 16-hour course is for anyone who wants to learn the skills necessary for safe and enjoyable riding. The course is designed for beginning riders. The 4-hour classroom session prepares you for the 10+ hours of on-motorcycle instruction. Motorcycles and helmets are provided by the Ohio Department of Public Safety. See Frequently Asked Questions (below) about using your own motorcycle or scooter.
Before you register: Pass a written test at the driver's license exam station to obtain your Temporary Motorcycle Permit OR already have a motorcycle license/endorsement. You must:
Bring your valid Temporary Motorcycle Learner's Permit or your Motorcycle Endorsement with you the first day/evening of class.
Arrive at least 5 minutes before the class start time. Note: Unfilled seats at the class start time are given to standby walk-in students.
Registration fee: $50 (non-refundable), payable with credit or debit card only.
Additional Rider Courses Offered:
- Basic Rider Skills for Returning Riders (BRS-RR): 1-day class.
- 2018 Motorcycle Safety classes and schedule (Diamond Oaks, Live Oaks and Scarlet Oaks)
- 2018 Motorcycle Safety classes and schedule (Laurel Oaks)
- How to register
- Class locations
- What to do when classes are filled
- FAQs about Motorcycle Safety classes
- How to become a motorcycle instructor
For details and registration, go to www.Motorcycle.Ohio.gov