When Classes Are Filled...
If you want to be in the next class..... But classes are filled:
Try being a "Standby Walk-In".
- Standby Walk-ins may fill any “no-show” openings by being at the class location at least 15 minutes before the class starts.
- You must bring and show your Temporary Permit to the instructor before starting class.
- Instructors will use a lottery process to fill any openings at the start time of the class.
- Minors under 18 years of age and Active Military (with Military I.D.) have priority over other walk-ins for the Basic Rider class. Minors must have a parent or guardian sign a release and waiver form before any riding exercises.
Walk-ins need to complete a registration form provided by the instructor, and pay the $50 non-refundable registration fee before the class. This payment must be by credit/debit card only - American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa.
- See the Private Provider Training Sites that are approved by the Ohio Department of Public Safety - click here and select Private Sites (under Resources).
- See the Motorcycle Safety Foundation web site and select either Kentucky or Indiana on the map for a list of training locations in these states. Click here
Classes Funded By: Ohio Department of Public Safety